I don’t often write about crafting because to be honest, I’m not very crafty. But once in a while, my job requires me to step out of my comfort zone and make a few things. Making fall lanterns for a Fox 19 segment gave me the crafting bug so I made a few things for my house and a friend’s. I chose very simple and inexpensive crafts.
Fall Picture Frames Supplies:
- Four picture frames ($4 – Dollar Tree)
- Card stock or scrapbook paper ($3 – Michael’s)
- Chipboard letters ($5 – Michael’s)
- Craft Glue ($3 – any store)
Fall Picture Frame Instructions:
- Cut the card stock or scrapbook paper to fit your frame
- Glue the chipboard letters to the paper
- Frame the paper and letters
Wine Bottle Vase Supplies:
- Empty wine bottle (Free)
- Artificial leaves, berries, acorns, pumpkins ($4 – Dollar Tree)
- Twine, ribbon or raffia ($1 – Dollar Tree)
- Optional: Chalk board sticker ($1 – Michael’s)
Wine Bottle Vase Instructions:
- Place artificial plants in wine bottle
- Tie twine, ribbon or raffia around plants stem at top of bottle
- Place sticker on bottle and write Fall, your last name or other word of your choice
Fall Lantern Supplies:
- Mason jar, vase or glass bowl ($1 – Dollar Tree)
- Glue dots or craft glue ($3 – any craft store or Target)
- Battery operated candles (2 for $1 – Dollar Tree)
- Bag of artificial leaves ($1 – Dollar Tree)
- Optional: Twine, raffia or ribbon ($1 – Dollar Tree)
Fall Lantern Instructions:
- Glue the artificial leaves inside of the jar or vase (Tip: The glue dots make this very simple)
- Place a battery operated candle inside
- Tie raffia, twine or a ribbon around the jar
Candle Platter Supplies:
- Fall scented pillar candle ($2.50 – Michael’s)
- Fall colored tealight candles ($5 for box of six – Michael’s)
- Gold or fall colored tray ($3 – Michael’s)
- Bag of rocks ($1 – Dollar Tree)
Candle Platter Instructions:
- Arrange pillar candle, tealight candles and rocks on tray
Ghost Jar Supplies:
- Mason jar ($1 – Dollar Tree)
- Ghost Peeps ($2 – Walgreen’s)
- Candy Corn ($2 – Walgreen’s)
- Optional: Ribbon ($1 – Dollar Tree)
Ghost Jar Instructions:
- Fill the jar about 1/4 of the way with Candy Corn
- Place the Peeps facing out inside the jar
- Fill the jar the rest of the way with Candy Corn
- Tie a ribbon around the jar
I was able to make three Fall Lanterns, a Candle Platter, a Ghost Jar, a Wine Bottle Vase and Fall Picture Frames for under $40 since some of the supplies overlapped. I also have extra supplies to make more fun decorations.
What is your favorite fall decoration?
Note: I found most of these ideas online but gave them my own twist.
I love these fall decorating ideas. With our large family decorating in a budget is important. Thanks for sharing.
Cute ideas for fall and I love that they are affordable too!
How beautiful! I absolutely adore fall. Loving these ideas!